What is IdeAS?
IDeAS (https://eservices.nsdl.com) is a secured Internet website set-up by NSDL for Demat account holders (including CMs) to view latest balances and transactions in Demat accounts.
Features of IDeAS
- Clients can view latest balances along with the value based on the previous day closing price in their Demat account. *
- Client can view transactions that have taken place in their Demat accounts during the last 30 days.
- Clients can download month-wise statement of transaction for the previous months (maximum 12 months) bearing NSDL’s digital signature, which can be verified by using a Signature Verification Utility. The said signature verification utility and detailed procedure regarding installation of Signature Verification Utility is available for download at https://eservices.nsdl.com (i.e. Click the hyperlink download under New Users / IDeAS).
- Clients can access IDeAS by password or smart card / e-Token .
- View ISIN-wise positions / transactions for a given market type and settlement number.
- View Delivery-out instructions which are in 'overdue' status, for a given market type and settlement number.
- Download transactions in the Pool Account and import into back-office system to determine shortages for follow-up with Clients.
- Download ISIN master to keep the back-office system up-to-date.
Registering for IDeAS
Services under IDeAS are available to Clients as well as CMs. Clients/CMs who are desirous of using this service will be required to register as a 'User'. There are two types of Users viz., Password Users and Smart Card / e-Token Users.
Registering as a Password User
- Clients (Beneficial owners):
- Go to IDeAS website (https://eservices.nsdl.com) , click the hyperlink IDeAS under New Users and then click on ‘REGISTER’ under section Clients (Password Users).
- Enter User-Id (between 3 and 8 characters) and Password (between 8 and 16 characters) of your choice (preferably alphanumeric) and fill-up all other particulars and click on 'SUBMIT' button.
- You will have to confirm the details entered on first screen by clicking ‘CONFIRM’ button.
- Lastly, the screen will display an 'Acknowledgment' and 'Registration Number'. The user has to click on “Print of this Registration Form” to print the form with the entered details on first screen, sign it and submit it to your DP in person along with a copy of the latest Transaction Statement (only if an authorized representative of the Client (other than the account holder(s)) visit the DP’s office).
SMS Alert Facility for demat account holders
SMS Alert facility is provided by NSDL to demat account holders whereby they can receive alerts directly from NSDL for following:
- All Debits and Credits (transfers)
- Credits for IPO, sub-division and bonus.
- Failed instructions
- Overdue instructions
- Change of mobile number
- Change of address
- Credit/debit of Mutual Fund units
- Invocation of pledged securities
- Registration and De-registration of Power of Attorney
- Modification / Cancellation of nominee name
Charges: No charge is levied by NSDL on Depository Participants (DPs) for providing this facility to investors.
Registration: This facility will be available to the investors provided they have given their mobile numbers to their DPs and the DPs have captured the numbers in the DPM system and have also enabled (ticked) the SMS flag in their DPM system.
Contact: The investors may contact their respective DPs in case they do not receive SMS alert inspite of registering for this facility. Those investors who have provided their mobile numbers to their DPs but do not wish to avail this facility may also inform their DPs accordingly provided such accounts are not operated by Power of Attorney.